The Sokoto state Government has reaffirmed that Schools activities in the state will resume on Monday 12 October, 2020, after along vacation due to Covid 19 pandemic.
This was contained in a statement released by the State’s Commissioner for Basic and Secondary Education Dr MB Abubakar Guiwa through the Public Relations Officer of the Ministry on Wednesday 7 October at a meeting with Principals of Secondary Schools held at the Auditorium of Sultan Muhammadu Maccido Institute for Qur’an and General Studies, Sokoto.
The Commissioner said only JSS two and Class six pupils were excluded from returning on the said date.
He, however, said the affected students and pupils would resume two weeks later.
According to him measures would allow for the conduct of BECE which is a precondition for their transition to SS one.
Similarly, he said the resumption of Class six pupils two weeks later would enable SUBEB to conduct placement exercise into JSS one and admission into primary one.
Dr Guiwa explained that necessary materials to combat Covid -19 had been provided in addition to training of teachers on how to use the materials.
He directed the Principals to strictly adhere to Covid 19 guidelines in all their schools.
The Commissioner said monitoring committees set up by the Ministry would swing into action immediately after the resumption.
Dr Guiwa further appealed to all stakeholders to play their expected role for the attainment of the set objectives.